Below is a list of our most frequently asked questions. Some of the information is specific to the new uniform statewide voting system.
If you don't see your question listed below please feel free to contact us.
- After I cast my ballot, where do my votes go?
- Are results that are transferred over phone lines official?
- Are the DRE voting systems tested?
- Can my vote be altered?
- How are election results posted for poll watchers?
- How can I be assured that my vote is protected?
- How do I apply for an absentee ballot?
- How do I know my vote will be counted?
- How do I know the new voting machine will work properly on Election Day?
- How do I submit a change of address or register for my voting area?
- How is a Recount handled?
- How will the new machine prevent people from voting more than once?
- I can't find an answer to my question, are there other resources available?
- I have moved to South Carolina after the 30 day voter registration deadline, can I still vote?
- I lost my voter registration card, what should I do now?
- Is the new voting machine approved for voting in South Carolina?
- Is the touch-screen voting system user-friendly?
- Is the voting machine connected to the Internet while I am voting?
- What are official results?
- What is the history behind South Carolina's selection of ES&S' iVotronic voting machine?
- What is touch-screen voting?
- What methods are being used to educate the voters on the new touch-screen system?
- What safeguards are in place to ensure security?
- Where are the touch-screen voting units being manufactured?
- Where can I find a sample ballot?
- Where can I find candidate and referendum information?
- Where can I get printed instructions on the operation of the voting machine?
- Why are we moving from our current voting system to a touch-screen system?
- Why did the State select a Direct Recording Electronic voting system?